Swidget 1.0

Musica


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Passport Canada is funny !!!!

So my passport expired in february and I was feeling kind of trapped like if I wanted to go to Tunisia on whim I couldn't!

So I filled out the form, went to get my new hijab-clad picture and sent in the funds to get it renewed.

I might add that previously i was not hijabi and now I am (4 years can do alot to a person- Hamduleh!)

SO ... I knew it would totally be some kind of controversy I was bracing myself for it, cuz i heard horror stories all over the world but I was still surprised when I got a call from passport canada at work the other day:

PC : Hello, this is passport canada, may I speak with Tania *******?

Me: Hi passport canada, I'm Tania.

PC: HaHa , ok so this is you in the picture. What is the SPECIFIC reason you are wearing the cap,bonnet, scarf on your head.

Me: Ohhh that, well for religious reasons.

PC: What religion?

Me: Islam. I am muslim, 4 years is a long time since you guys last saw me.

PC: *giggle* (weird dude) Ok we were just checking.

Me: No problem Big brother, so when am I getting my passport?

PC: In two weeks.

Me: Thank you!


Anyways might be dry on paper but the situation was humourous.

4 comments:

PerplxinTexan♥ said...

I appreciated the story. And want to congratulate you on your new arrival (well soon). Mabrook. Any ideas for names?

Nur Syazana Ramli said...

:-) i was typing daring muslimah and your blog was one from the list..so i thought, why not give a try to read yours.. i don't do this usually where i read blogger's blog from other country.. :-) i am from Malaysia and when i read this entry, i just smiled.... nice to know you and welcome the coming cute baby...

Anonymous said...

sister, i'm making a Muslimah blog directory and I was wondering if you want to submit your blog. If you do please email me at rabiaaisrabiaa@gmail.com!

thanks

Unknown said...

Hello dear sister,
We have to remember, life is a journey not a destination. So there is a lot of problems in our walking way. Anyway, have you prefer any mighty Muslimah? I
think there are so many
Muslim women who are struggling against various issues.